Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Rihanna’s Ex-Publicist Apologizes For Starting Jay Z And Beyonce Cheating Rumor


A unauthorized biography about the life of Beyonce has the masses questioning her marriage to Jay Z once again. 

In the book, titled Becoming Beyonce, author J. Randy Taraborelli claims that The Carters took a nearly year-long break ten years ago after rumors surfaced that Jay Z cheated with Rihanna. With the story getting a whole new breath of life thanks to Taraborelli, the man behind the snafu has come forward with an apology for spreading the false story.

In a statement to the New York Daily News, Rihanna’s ex-publicist Jonathan Hay revealed his current business relationship with TIDAL, and his hopes that the rumor did not affect it.

“I was blindsided by the news of ‘Becoming Beyoncé’ coming out and it couldn’t come at a worse time for me,” he said. “I’m currently releasing projects with my label Urban Hitchcock through Tidal, a company that is owned by Jay Z and Beyoncé … Hopefully this news hasn’t ruined that relationship for me.”

The rumor that kept on giving was even attached to Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange’s now-infamous elevator incident in 2014. Reports circulated that the catalyst for the physical spat was Beyonce’s forbidding of Jay Z to attend Rihanna’s post-Met Gala after party. According to Taraborelli, it was just a“whispered married couple’s argument” that Solange became protective over. Hay traced the entire Rihanna rumor back to her debut single, “Pon de Replay.”

“The pr stunt that I did was out of desperation to help break ‘Pon de Replay’,” he wrote in his statement.“It was reckless and I didn’t think it was going to work. I was just throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what would stick.”

While neither Beyonce, Jay Z nor Rihanna have ever addressed the outlandish love triangle rumor, Hay admits he had a rather naive perspective at the time.

“I didn’t think it would be this big story,” Hay wrote. “But now, seeing Beyoncé on the cover of this book and knowing that people are profiting from speculations and opinions about her really turns my stomach. I’m ashamed that I’m even talking about this. I just want to put this rumor to rest once and for all.”


No comments:

Post a Comment